Saturday, July 16, 2011

Great and Spacious Buildings

"...a great and spacious building; and it stood as if it were in the air"

These "great and specious" buildings are what we see when we go to the office every morning, and these are just a few of the total.  The forests in Brentwood and parts of the Nashville area are full of them.  We are hoping they have a parade of homes sometime so we can see inside some of them.

What about the contents; the people?  Are they mocking?  Many times I have looked at similar homes in the foothills in Utah and asked why people thought they needed such a big house and all the good they could do with all that money.  Of course my house is just a little small for our needs, and could use some fixing up.

Then one Sunday night we were invited to a members house (yes, one of those houses).  It was an evening of music by LDS people, some professional, some not.  It was extraordinary and one of the most uplifting evenings I have spent in a long time.  The member that hosted the evening is a gifted pianist who played, with another member, hymns of our choosing and they arranged them as they played.  The point is, she could not have hosted this event in my home.  We don't have two pianos, not even one.  (She has four).  Should I judge others?  Not if I follow the example of the Savior.  I don't walk in their shoes.  I don't know what they do with their money, what good they do that would be impossible with out their income.

Then, how many look at my five bedroom house in Utah and wonder what good I could do with all that money.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing good with your money, and your house. :-) It's a good lesson though, not to judge by appearances.

    ReplyDelete